flavour and unique texture
consistently proves its worth for chefs across the industry in so many of their dishes.
9 out of 10 chefs say Philadelphia does not split during cooking2
"There are plenty of cream cheeses on the market, but only Philly has the rich flavour and texture that makes dishes sing."
Nicole Pisani, Head Chef, Gayhurst School
Discover how Philadelphia gets its fresh, creamy taste and smooth, consistent texture.
We make it pretty good, pretty quick
We keep our production facilities close to our milk supplies, so we can transform fresh milk into Philadelphia in just 48 hours.
A balancing act
We pasteurise sweet milk with added cream to balance the fat content. Next, we add sour milk for acidity and then we extract the water.
Stirred to smooth perfection
Finally, we break down the fats and proteins to create the smooth creamy texture that's unique to Philadelphia.
Explore the Philly difference for yourself
1. 93% of chefs highly rate the creaminess and 71% of chefs highly rate the taste of Philadelphia Original, which is significantly higher than the 3 other competitor products in test. Independent blind taste tests conducted by Good Sense Research in July 2020 with 101 chefs.
2. 89% of chefs stated that Philadelphia Original did not split with heated in a pan. Independent blind tests conducted by Good Sense Research in July 2020 with 101 chefs.
3. 93% of chefs stated during blind taste tests that they felt that Philadelphia Original was either creamy or very creamy. Independent research conducted by Good Sense Research in July 2020 with 101 chefs with 3 competitor products.
4. 33% of chefs feel Philadelphia Original performed best out of 4 cream cheeses when used in an icing and piped onto a cake which is a majority share versus the other three competitors in the independent research conducted by Good Sense Research in July 2020 with 101 chefs.
5. 86% of chefs said Philadelphia Original's liquid release during the cooking process is just about right or slightly too dry during independent blind tests conducted by Good Sense Research in July 2020 with 101 chefs, performing significantly better than the other 3 competitor products tested.